Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home is where the heart is...

From time to time life tends to be unpredictable. It makes its twists and turns of fate when we never see them coming. Taking us to places where we never imagined going to.

Sometimes it takes us somewhere nice. Other times you wish you would have missed the ride.

My twist of fate brought me here to Malta and I’m enjoying my ride.

If someone had told me on that sunny day in September when I stepped off the plane in Luqa airport that 4 months later I’d be here in Malta I probably would have laughed. But that’s the reality. Autumn passed, then Christmas, year 2011 became 2012…and me – well I’m still here without signs of leaving. Instead of leaving, I’m settling down – working here at inlingua Malta, meeting new people almost every day, discovering this small but beautiful country, enjoying Maltese winter and its unpredictable weather.

My main reason for staying is not the breathtaking landscapes but people. The kind of people who make you feel as if you were at home – warm, welcoming and helpful.

We never know what tomorrow brings but as long as it lasts I’m trying to make the most out of every day here – enjoying myself and the people that surround me.

They say: "Home is where the heart is." – in that case, I guess, I have to split mine in two because part of it is always with my family and friends back home and the other part of it seems be here in Malta.

Greetings to all my loved ones in Estonia and a big thank you to those who have made me feel welcome here in Malta .

Merili

Marketing Representative at inlingua Malta

No comments: